TERMS & CONDITIONS
OBI OBI HOMESTEAD
UPDATE FOR TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION DUE TO GOVERNMENT TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS REGARDING COVID-19
Refer to Queensland Government website with regards to updated health and travel restrictions www.qld.gov.au
Our guests can be assured that great care is taken with the preparation & cleaning of our farmhouse. All guests & visitors to our property are required to be registered.
Please email us under the contact page on our direct website if you require further information about booking.
OBI OBI HOMESTEAD
Standard Booking Terms and Conditions
Or book via our approved third party booking agents. Or for enquires please call Joy or Tony
P: 0418 796 054 (within Australia), OR (+61)418796054 (international)
Please note your acceptance of the following terms and conditions is a requirement of booking.
Obi Obi Homestead is a private cattle property. The farmhouse is located on the property & offers breathtaking views of the beautiful rural countryside.
The Farmhouse: offers accommodation for singles, couples, friends, families, small group retreats & weddings.
There are 7 guest bedrooms within the farmhouse each of various configurations. Each room has a key for guest security & privacy if required. The spacious farmhouse provides shared common living areas, decks, & shared farmhouse bathroom facilities (except for suited rooms which offer a private ensuite). Standard rates are based on up to 2 persons per room or 4 persons (+ cot) in the family guestroom. There are no roll-away beds/sofa beds available in any rooms.
A blend of country & modern furnishings & fittings create comfortable areas for guests to relax & unwind. The farmhouse is well equipped & includes linen, towels & ‘start up’ supplies.
Farm access: There are beautiful areas to explore on the farm, but due to the nature of our property & for the safety of all guests & visitors, access to any areas outside the immediate farmhouse grounds are strictly by prior arrangement. Should you require assistance with any aspect of the farmhouse during your stay, management are conveniently located in a separate private cottage within the grounds.
NOTE: Use of the farmhouse grounds & accommodation is for registered booked and paying guests only. Visitors are by prior approval & fees may apply.
1. BOOKING, CONFIRMATION & PAYMENTS
Booking: 50% Deposit required at time of booking, or 100% for 1 Night only stays, (refer to cancellation policy).
Confirmation: A booking is confirmed upon receipt of deposit by credit card, electronic funds transfer, or direct deposit (please use your booking reference & name). Note card fees may apply
Bank details: To be notified
Balance: required 15 days before your scheduled arrival date. Failure to arrange payment will result in cancellation of booking.
For bookings made within 15 days of arrival full payment is required at the time of booking.
Note: To book a stay on our last minute rates or special rates using a Promo Code, you need to make your booking online to get these rates.
Rates: All rates, terms and prices are firm at the time of deposit; otherwise subject to change without notice. Note: our base rate includes up to 4 people, extra guests thereafter are at a p/p rate for the duration of the booking. This is to minimise housekeeping costs and maintain affordability for guests. Rooms not booked will be closed..
Credit Card: You must provide a valid credit card at time of check in. Your credit card details are collected for incidentals & any add-on items to your booking.
Security Bond: group bookings of 6 or more guests staying in farmhouse are required to pay a security bond of $500 which is due 7 days prior to check-in by direct deposit. Special event celebrations are required to pay $1000 security deposit. Fully refundable within 14 working days after departure, pending housekeeping & management report.
2. CANCELLATION & AMENDMENT POLICY: We honour your booking. As a small accommodation business, late cancellations have a significant impact on our business. Booking and cancellation policies apply. Travel insurance is strongly recommended for all bookings to provide adequate protection against unforeseen circumstances and cancellation of travel.
* Cancellations made more than 15 days prior to scheduled arrival date will forfeit the deposit.
* Cancellations made less than 14 days prior to your scheduled arrival date will forfeit total amount of booking or a pro-rata amount if the property can be successfully re-booked.
* No Show: 100% accommodation charge - No refund.
* 3rd Party Booking cancellations: For bookings made via 3rd party booking agents, please contact your original booking source for individual cancellation policies. Gift vouchers are non-refundable and only transferable once re-let.
* Amendment: 1 amendment may be permitted with a minimum 60 days notice prior to scheduled arrival date. $250 amendment fee applies.
3. TRAVEL INSURANCE: It is suggested that guests seek travel insurance (particularly for longer stays) to cover cancellations, loss of deposits, medical & other emergencies. Please check with your credit card company.
4. CHILDREN & INFANTS: For safety reasons 'all heads count'. Please mention when booking if you intend on bringing children or infants so that we may suitably accommodate all guests. Infants under 12 months sharing an adult’s bed or providing own cot & linen are free of charge. We can supply & set up a cot & linen for a one- off fee of $50 p/stay. Children over 12 months are charged at the standard per person rate. All children & infants are the full responsibility of their parents &/or adult guardian during their stay. Note that there are dams, creeks, ponds, animals on the farm.
5. CHECK -IN 2:00 pm. CHECKOUT: 10:00 am
Early check-ins & late check-outs may be accommodated by prior arrangement only and depend on our housekeeping schedule. Fees may apply.
ETA: It is important that you notify us of your ETA (expected time of arrival), so that we can arrange to meet you with key for check-in, guest registration & orientation of farmhouse. Please let us know if you are running early or late.
ETD: It is important that you notify us of your ETD (expected time of departure), so that we can arrange to meet you for key return & ensure your safe departure.
6. GUESTS, VISITORS, SERVICE PERSONNEL : Use of the farmhouse accommodation, facilities & grounds is for the number of registered booked, paying guests only. All visitors are strictly by prior approval with management & must be registered. Visitor fees apply (Refer also to Functions / Parties / Events below) Please provide a complete guest list, service personnel list, & approved visitor list prior to your arrival.
7. PROPERTY ACCESS: Registered Guests have access to the Farmhouse & its immediate farmhouse grounds (i.e driveway, carports, front & back lawns. To ensure the safety of all guests, access to other areas of the farm, for any reason, are by prior approval from managers. Sheds are strictly out of bounds.
8. NO SMOKING in farmhouse rooms or decks. Smoking is only permitted in our gardens, responsible disposable or bi products (butts & packets etc) is expected.
9. PET STAYS are not permitted at this stage.
10. DRIVING / PARKING is in designated areas. Please drive slowly on the roads leading up to farmhouse. There may be cattle, animals & people on foot.
11. CLEANING / HOUSEKEEPING The farmhouse & guestrooms are prepared with care & attention to detail. We ask guests to treat our property with care and show respect for our guest services staff & also other booked guests using farmhouse facilities. It is the responsibility of guests to clean up after themselves, in their rooms & when using common areas, such as the kitchen, lounge, BBQ's & outdoor eating area.
If the farmhouse has been booked for ‘exclusive use’, housekeeping is not included in the rate except for service of fireplace, plants & outdoor bins, & general maintenance. Otherwise housekeeping is by arrangement with management.
12. BEDDING, LINEN & TOWELS are included in your stay. For stays of more than 7 days, housekeeping & fresh linen will be provided. Majority of our linen is outsourced. For accountability, please leave linen in the room that you booked / wet towels hung up (not left on beds).
13. FOOD & DRINKS: Obi Obi Homestead does not have a restaurant, but can arrange meal hampers, pizzas, grazing platters, nibbles, wine, beer, other drinks, for purchase with notice. The closest restaurants are 10-15 minutes’ drive: Kenilworth Hotel or Mapleton (Tavern or Pizza restaurant - children are welcome). Montville is 20 minutes for a wider choice of dining options. Coles deliver to Obi Obi Homestead if you wish to pre-purchase groceries online. Mini Bar may be provided in some rooms. Items stocked in these are available to purchase at the listed price and may be charged to your credit card or paid for in cash daily or at the end of your stay.
14. COMPLIMENTARY ‘start - up’ supplies for farmhouse will be provided: toilet paper, tissues, detergent, laundry washing powder, shampoo, conditioner, soap, cling wrap, foil, coffee, tea, milk, butter, bread, eggs, honey, herbs and spices. If you require further supplies during your stay you may purchase items from local shops.
15. PROPERTY DESCRIPTION: Whilst all care and attention are taken by us to ensure the property is maintained and conforms with the descriptions on our website and representations made by us when booking, changes may be made to the property without notification.
16. FUNCTIONS / PARTIES / EVENTS: are not permitted. Special occasion small celebrations may be possible but are strictly by management discretion prior to booking. The total number of guests staying in the farmhouse cannot exceed the registered booked number. Please refer to our conditions about all visitors. Management require a register of all people on our property including guests, visitors & any service personnel such as deliveries, wedding professionals, caterers.
Wedding photos and bridal party preparation: If you wish to use the property for wedding photos, and/or a place for the bridal party and other registered guests to get ready before the ceremony, please enquire with management about Wedding Groups prior to booking.
7. NOISE & CONDUCT: The person(s) making the reservation and/or the registered person(s) are responsible for the orderly conduct of all their guests. Guests are expected to be respectful of property & neighbours, keep the premises and grounds clean and tidy. Keep noise to a minimum after 9pm and before 9am. If you breach any of these Terms and Conditions, we reserve the right at our complete discretion and using reasonable judgement to terminate your booking and evict you from the property immediately. In such an event you will forfeit any future night’s stay and we will not be liable to refund you for any forfeited nights.
18. DAMAGE / LOSS OR THEFT: Guests are responsible for damage, loss or theft from their Room or farmhouse. Any damage caused to Obi Obi Homestead property or fittings during the stay by the person(s) registered or visitors of the person(s) registered is the financial responsibility of the person(s) registered and charges may apply. Obi Obi Homestead does not accept responsibility for the damage and safe keeping of any goods or personal property brought onto the premises before, during or after the stay. It is the responsibility of the guest to arrange adequate insurance to cover such items.
Obi Obi Homestead may collect information on a website or elsewhere for the purpose of processing your booking and payment and to provide you with services. This personal information may also be used to send you future offers and services provided by Obi Obi Homestead. The information collected will not be disclosed, except as required by law.